As promised at the beginning of the year, I'm publishing on a quarterly schedule my progress in achieving this year's quantifiable goals. Here's the list so far:
- Complete one 5k footrace: I started training for this but had to stop owing to knee problems. Under doctor's orders I'm strengthening my quadriceps muscles before proceeding.
- Earn Fechter rank in HEMA: No progress to report as yet.
- Do 10 pullups in a set (I can do about 3 at present): I'm up to five in a set.
- Do 100 pushups in a set (I tested at 21 at the beginning of January): After a strong start my training reached a bit of a plateau, possibly due to nutrition. Nonetheless, I'm up to 32 pushups at present.
Do 200 situps in a set (right now I'm at 50–60): achieved on March 11. I followed a well-known two hundred situps program with success; now I never need to do another situp again. Just kidding.
- Add five new videos to Youtube: none as yet.
- Launch three new web projects: I'm nearly ready to release my first web project this year, an internal administrative interface for one of our embedded linux products, using the front-end framework Foundation 5.
- Add five significant projects to my personal site: none as yet.
- Add eight artworks to my personal site: none as yet.
- Post 24 new blog entries: this is my sixth blog post this year, so I'm on schedule.
- Launch my crowd-funded project: I'm in the prototyping stage for this product.
I'll be updating this with additional blog posts quarterly, to keep myself on track.